Friday, September 19, 2008

First Harvest



Arriving here the second week of July meant that the first few days were devoted to weeding rather than planting. My good friend Lee-anne, a long-time Léran resident, had planted tomatoes and basil for me. Tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella salad have been a default lunch on several occasions recently. 

A few weeks ago, I bought a six-pack of oak leaf lettuce plants at Mirepoix market and stuck them in at the end of the garden between the hollyhocks and the lavender. (I also have frisée growing but I'm guessing it won't be ready for about a month). 

Tonight, we were off to dinner with friends and I'd volunteered to provide the first course, a tomato, thyme and goat cheese tart.  Here's how that salad basket of garden produce ended up a few hours later. Now all I need is a goat.

No comments: