Monday, November 3, 2008

Colourful Hand-Made Remedies for a Grey Day.



Unquestionably the most interesting shopping area in the city, Granville Island is run with great intelligence which means no big box stores or chains but dozens and dozens of artists, craftspeople and shops you won't see anywhere else.

That basket of yarn is in a store that was new to me this visit (it opened around the time we left for France). The offspring of my all-time favourite shop, Maiwa, it's piled high with utterly gorgeous yarns. I fondled, and of course I bought. But to return to the mother store. If I was limited to a single clothing source for the rest of my life, this is the place I'd pick. A stop at www.maiwa.com will show you why. And for any textiles enthusiasts out there, check out those podcasts.

Colour shot #2: I snapped these eye-rocking shoes and boots outside a little shop that specializes in things from Turkey. 

No comments: