Saturday, July 2, 2011

Terrine de Boeuf en Gelée: Part Deux

   Thought you might like to see some "before" and "after" shots of last Sunday's supper. Here are all the all the ingredients I used in the beef terrine (I hadn't noticed till now that the veg look like a fat little stomach with orange legs).

And, ta-da!-- here it is, all cooked in its tin. I didn't even try to turn it out. Just as well as the end result was a little "looser" than I wanted. Next time, I'll use all the couennes (or a calf's foot). I'd also add more seasoning. It was tasty but could have used a bit more flavour. Wandering off, the cold remains were delicious, and the very last bits and pieces, and all the leftover stock have now been simmered and simmered with a tin of tomatoes to make what should be a damn delicious pasta sauce.
   Back to the beef in its first appearance. I cooked fried potatoes to go with it, boiled earlier so it was simply a matter of heating some olive oil and popping them in the pan. Salad of course and this one came completely from the garden. The mustardy zip of the nasturtium and roquette leaves worked well with the beef.
Another "before" shot. Here's what those nasturtium and borage plants looked like not that long ago.

1 comment:

River Rat said...

Hmmm, I never thought about using my nasturtium flowers that way. And I just happen to have some arugula in the garden, too....